Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Peace

If God is all-knowing then why do we have to ask Him for anything? He knows our needs, our desires, and our yearnings. So why are we told "you have not because you ask not"? I think it is in the very act of asking that we acknowledge that all good things come from God and not of our own doing.
It shows our respect and devotion to Him on whom we can depend. Yes, it makes us humble too. To grant someone the right to determine what we do and do not get is to bow down to another's authority over our lives. Prehaps God wants us to remember that He is the captain of our lives....we do easily forget His grace and love for us. When I was a child, I did not question my parents' care for me nor their authority over my dominion. When I got older, I realized that they always had my best welfare in mind. So it is with God. He is our Father and as such He protects and guards our lives. Trusting Him without question is hard. Leaning not to our own understanding is hard. But that is what is required of us and when armed with willingness and faith, we are always secure in His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment