Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Princess

When anyone asked me ,"What do you want to be when you grow up?" I would always answer with the same three choices. "I want to be a Princess, a Jew, and an Indian"(it was not politically incorrect at that time). Years later my Mother told me that it was impossible for me to be those since I had not been born into any of those social or cultural families. While it did not shatter my constitution, I was a little disappointed. I had already imagined my dress and tiara, what horse I would ride barebacked, and all the great songs and dances I would do at every occasion. I think what I really loved was the pageantry. Each of these cultures are so rich in their customs that I found myself daydreaming as a child of faraway, wild places.


When I became a Child of God imagine my surprise to find out that I was a Princess because my Heavenly Daddy is a King!....I was adopted into a Jewish family because I was bought by the Blood of Jesus!...and for the Native American? Well, I may have to let that go unless I can find some distant relative whose is Native American. (I'm still working on it! )


So it seems that my girlhood dreams are true. How like God to give you the desires of your heart! This t-shirt by Gardenfire is quickly becoming one of my favorites. It reminds me that my Jesus loves me and calls me His own.


Any other Princesses out there? Welcome to the Family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment