Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cease Striving


"Stop wiggling!", the anxious Mother said to her child. It was obvious that standing in the grocery store line with 4 people ahead of them was not what the child had in mind as a good time. Exasperated and overwhelmed, the young Mother said in half moan half threat, " Just be still! It will be over soon!"


I often think of that scene when I become like a 2 year old waiting...waiting for an answer that never seems to come. Waiting for an adventure to begin...waiting for my family to arrive on a visit...waiting for a life-changing decision to happen. I must say that "waiting" is not my strong point. I am more of an immediate gratification type person. My Mother taught me that patience is a virtue but God is teaching me how to be patient!

I don't always like the lesson, but one thing I have come to trust is that God is perfect in all His ways. He sees the beginning and the end. He is a careful planner with my best interests in mind.

When I became a Christian, I gave God free reign to guide my life. He has never let me down. So I trust Him but still, waiting is hard. I sense He often tells me to "Be still and know that I am God". So that is what I am doing concerning my latest issues. I am going to be still...and live with the knowledge that He is God...He has, will, and always will take care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment