Monday, March 1, 2010

Nothing But The Blood

Years ago I was having a conversation with a young man who had been placed in a home for troubled youth . Seems he was mad at his mother and set fire to his family home. On this particular night he had been watching a Count Dracula movie. Never having seen one, I was intrigued. Not with the movie but with his face as he watched. All the horror of the creature's evil came to bare on a few unsuspecting folk as they were ravished by the night stalker. All of a sudden it hit me! This monster drained you of your life- flowing blood then commanded you as his slave for the rest of your undead life. I turned to my young friend and asked him if he knew the difference between Dracula and Jesus. "What? What do you mean?"was his reply. Well, the story of Jesus is bloody,I began, but Jesus gave His blood so that you might live not die. He freed you from slavery so that you might have life eternal with Him. He gives you life...not take it away. In that one simple statement the young man got Jesus for the first time. Nothing but the Blood can save you...heal you...guard you...buy you from sin. Nothing but the Blood of the Most High Lord can keep you from eternal death. Nothing...No Thing..but the Blood of Jesus! Are you out there? Tell me what you are thinking....

No comments:

Post a Comment