Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Way

Once I was asked which of the many names for Jesus was my favorite. Well, I love "Teacher" because without proper instruction you don't master the most simple of concepts. So, a good teacher is a very important person to have in your life. Besides that is my chosen profession so I have an affinity with teachers.
But, I also love "Counselor". In the mixed up world we live in, you can get very confused, hurt , and disillusioned. It helps to have someone help you as walk through the murky waters, so to speak, and give direction and clarification. A counselor is a much needed voice in the darkness of pain, shame, or suffering of any kind.
Then there is "Rabbi", the spiritual guide or voice that beckons us and turns us toward Heaven.
Each of these names are vital parts of the mission of Jesus and who He is. But, my favorite name is "I AM". I AM mercy... I AM truth... I AM salvation. ..I AM forgiveness.. .I AM creator... I AM trustworthy... I AM grace... I AM hope... I AM help... I AM merciful....and so on and so on. His person encompasses all that is good and holy. In acknowledging Himself as "I AM", He aligns His identity with God the Father. Remember He says..." If you have seen me, you have seen the Father..." Yeah, I think "I AM" just about says it all! Are you out there? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment