Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Zombie

Early in my Christian walk, I saw a grateful dead t-shirt. I remember thinking that to be a clever name for Christians for indeed we are dead to the sin of our past and grateful for Jesus' saving grace that freed us. I later learned that the t-shirt was not a declaration of God's Mercy. Sad, I thought, that they missed the point.
Here we are 40 some years later and Gardenfire tells us that we are Zombies...dead to sin but alive in Christ. Yeah!!! Someone gets my warped sense of humor.

But, the disconcerting truth is that sometimes we walk around as Hollywood zombies...all scary and possessed-looking with no inner light nor proof of a better existence shining within us. Wake up!!! We are not possessed...we are saved!!!! From death into life eternal...GOOD NEWS!!
Yes, we are dead to sin but not dead to life. Let us live so others will wonder...others will ask and seek what has changed us. Walk like Jesus and conquer in love for His name's sake.
Be dead in sin...but very alive in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment