Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Debt Free

Jesus paid it all
All to Him I owe
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow.
So are the words of an old hymn that we use to sing in church when I was a girl. I know what it means to be in debt...to get calls all hours of the day for payment...to have utilities shut off and young children needing heat and food. I know what it's like to need assistance for the most basic of needs...to feel overwhelmed with no way out. I understand compounded debt from foolish decisions while looking for a chance to catch your breath and keep your head above the waters. Years of restrain, behavioral change, and help from Holy Spirit have landed me in a good spot...FREE from Debt!
But freedom from sin was not acquired by my work, salary, or by any method or talent I have. My eternal debt was paid by death...the death of the Son of God, Jesus. First, let me say how deeply grateful I am to the God Who loves me that much. Secondly, I owe nothing...no interest...no collateral...no promissory note...no first born child...I owe nothing. His death payment was a gift freely given. All I had to do was accept. I understand being FREE from ETERNAL DEBT!
Jesus paid it all
All to Him I owe
He washed me white as snow!!!
Please live your life debt free...accept Jesus' gift ...then live as if all to Him you owe.

No comments:

Post a Comment