Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Spoiler Alert!

Whenever I am reading a good book I am tempted to turn to the last few pages and read to see how it ends. I never do because it is the journey in reading a story that I love. There is one book that I have read where I read the end before I read the beginning or end. As a little girl growing up in church, I was exposed to several sermons and teachings from the book of Revelation. I learned of the end of the world even before I learned of its creation. I remember being scared and my decision at age 10 to follow Jesus was in part due to having the "hell" scared out of me...literally. But I had wise parents who taught me about the "why" of Revelation and the warning God gives us. I learned about God's love for me and why He would have no evil in Heaven. I learned of His salvation for my life and for all who would trust Him and follow Him. If I had it to do all over, would I read the end first..again? You betcha!! The Bible is one book that I want to be very clear about. Wherever you turn in this book you find God's love and grace. Go ahead...read what happens...I dare you! Discuss it with others and my best hope is that if you don't know Jesus, find someone who does and ask them after all our sin why does God still love us? Read the Bible with the end in sight so that you may live with your sights set on Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment