Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Beautiful Things

I come from a family that is extremely creative....musicians, singers, artists, writers, gardeners, and intellects. They make beautiful things using their talents and gifts. I, on the other hand, am not endowed with any of those gifts. Consequently I often wondered what my special talent or gifting was. What did I have or what could I do that I could give to God to use for His Glory? Then I had children and through them I learned to love in a way I did not know possible. I did not love them for what they could do or how brilliant and creative they were. I loved them simply because of who they were.
It was then that God revealed to me that He loved us the same way....just because we belonged to Him....just because He made us....just because we were.
God makes all things beautiful...even us! How wonderful and loving a Father He is to us. How comforting to be loved by a God Who creates everything yet chooses to bestow His greatest love on us. What a mighty God we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment