Tuesday, October 25, 2011

One Love

The media tells us that there is someone out there for everybody. If we are pretty enough or handsome enough...make enough money or are successful in our careers...if we are charming. witty, and charismatic then we are worthy of a great love.
Yet God's word tells me that I am to come just as I am..poor, wretched, brokenhearted, unworthy and He will be the One true love of my life. There is no need to clean up nor work for His affection. There are no hoops to jump through and no rituals to follow for His acceptance. All I have to do is love Him back with all my heart..my soul..my strength.
I have been wretched and brokenhearted. And I have been successful and well thought of in my arena. But nothing nor no one has shown me love like Jesus. No one has died for me like Jesus. No one lives for me like Jesus. Do I deserve His love? No, yet God reaches out with loving arms and draws me to Himself.
One God
One Savior
One Love....ours for the asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment