Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Duty


I've never been expected nor asked to lay down my life for someone. Never been in a situation where I was required to be willing to sacrifice my life if need be. I've never faced a firing squad for my beliefs and have never given all that I have to save another. I don't even know if I would have the courage to complete such a task. But I have been the recipient of such a gift. Jesus laid down His life for mine. Jesus saw His death as a responsibility to Heavenly Father...His duty to be the reconciliation of a lost people to God. He did this for us all.
What do you say to someone who would do that? How do you thank him? There is a price we must pay...love now and forever. Love cost Jesus His life...His death costs us our devotion and obedience. Time to pay up, Christians! Love the Lord your God with all your heart...all your strength...all your mind. And love your neighbor as yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment