Tuesday, July 13, 2010

East West

Years ago my husband and I flew from California to Hawaii across the brilliantly blue Pacific Ocean. For hours we traveled marveling at the expanse of blue laid out before us. We commented often at how big the ocean was. There were no other landmarks or land formations to define the blue space.
Often we would look at each other in complete amazement and then finally my husband turned to me and said, " I have never seen anything this big! There is no beginning and no end. It just goes on forever!"
That is the best explanation of the extent of God's love for us. He removes our failure...our shame...our sin so far from us that we can not find the end when we are wrapped in His love. Now, who wouldn't want that kind of love and mercy in their lives?
God, help us to accept Your immense love. Help us to believe what we cannot see. Help us to follow Your ways and love each other as You love us. I recently heard a quote that I have taken a shine to..."Love is the only true reality". Let me rephrase that from a Christian perspective..."God's love for us is the only true reality!" And that, my friends, is all we need to know....write me.

No comments:

Post a Comment